Racing/Driving Games and Accessories - Happy Shopping! :)

Monday, October 5, 2020

F-Zero

John B. Marine | 2:33 PM | |
Ask what most gamers consider the best futuristic racing game series is, and F-Zero could be most peoples' answer. The F-Zero series was basically the godfather of Super Mario Kart, which would come in 1992. F-Zero dates back to 1991. This is a blog post in which I want to focus on the very first F-Zero on the SNES from 1990-1991.

Before I Begin...

Often times when I mention games, I avoid trying to sound like I am doing a review if I never played or seen the game. That's why I don't make too many posts about certain racing games. I feel actually playing games before blogging about them gives me credibility. I may just still blog about certain games based on impressions and thoughts rather than try to review them.

Just so you know... this blog post is NOT a review of this game.






F-Zero


F-Zero was a racing game that offered impressive high-speed action on very realistic-style courses with 3D-style depth. This wasn't the method used in games like Pole Position or OutRun. An actual map is laid out in a 3D style. With the Super Nintendo making use of Mode 7 technology,

F-Zero has you racing futuristic cars across a handful of racing environments. Your job is to climb through the field while trying to stay above the position limit. You must also make sure not to take too much damage. Your craft will be flying at speeds of anywhere between 400 kph to 450 kph. There are 15 events in F-Zero spread across three leagues. You can choose between four cars each with their own performance characteristics. There are on-track obstacles to deal with including turbo boosts, jumps, mines, and more. If you want to win, you better be ready for fight for victory! If you fail to finish the race, you can use one of your extra lives. If you fail to finish and have no chances remaining, the game is over.


The Importance of F-Zero.

I think F-Zero bears importance in its use of the SNES Mode 7 technology. And as I mentioned in the introduction, it is essentially the godfather of the later and vastly successful Mario Kart series. F-Zero became a highly successful series in its own right after the very first F-Zero. You even could play as Captain Falcon in the Super Smash Bros. games and even fight on F-Zero locales in Super Smash Bros. games. There was even F-Zero anime I came across once.


Now that I have provided perspective, allow me to give some final thoughts.




F-Zero: Final Thoughts


F-Zero is a game I have not had much experience with, but it is surely a racing game and racing game series that bears some importance and significance. This was the first taste of Mode 7 racing that would later be used in some other future racing games- even including the iconic Mario Kart series. You owe it to yourself to play this game any way you can get your hands on it.


Video Preview.

Let me give you a brief video showcasing this classic racing game. Check it:


^ FZero Super Nintendo Gameplay - SNES F-Zero Game Video (Thank you to the author for allowing this video to be embedded)


I hope you were able to enjoy this look I've provided at F-Zero.





Racing/Driving games. That's what this blog is all about. If you enjoyed your time here, make sure you are Subscribed/Followed in some capacity so you keep up with my latest material. Until next time, thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Visit my official website at johnbmarine.com, subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn (professionals only)
Questions or Comments? Contact Me (serious inquiries only)...
Contact Me via E-Mail
Share this article

0 Comments:



 
Copyright © 2015 John's Race Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger